Are you looking for curbing your risk of being type 2 diabetes or lower your blood sugar and HbA1c number as a diabetic? Here is a way. It is proven by many and science supports it. Besides that, I am the beneficiary of this practice.
What is this proven practice we used to make lunch meals?
Personalized Natural Home Remedies for Diabetes Type 2
Get fresh produce, cook fresh, eat fresh meals, and get full nutrition every single day. It is a way to take care of your diabetes type 2 health as your personalized natural home remedy. Not only that, you enjoy the fringe benefits of weight loss and close-to-perfect lab results.
If you are wondering about all fresh and eating fresh every day, Let me how it is possible. Not only we did do it effortlessly. Along with the nutritional aspects of the meal ideas, we will offer a list of the produce, and other ingredients as well.
Here are your essential highlights before we spell out the lunch meal ideas for type 2 diabetes.
- Define your typical type 2 diabetes-friendly Nutritional Lunch Plate for the mid-day meal daily.
- –Rice-Dal-Vegetable and/or fish curry- Saag or mixed Greens-Salad
- Eat seasonal, local, and from the backyard Pick up fresh produce and greens.
- Here is how you cook
- Cook rice and dal-Start your lunch cooking while doing your breakfast. Plug in the rice cooker, and pressure cooker for lentils or dal. Clean your fish as it arrives from the local pond.
- Curry and sides: Saute your veggies and add spice power (previously made at home) right before you eat. Cut the salad. Add homemade pickles to the plate if you are in a mood. Roast your veggies to have a side dish. You can eat plain rice or spice them differently to make tomato, coconut, jeera rice, and tamarind rice to enjoy varieties without much effort.
- Cool your body in the Indian summer months with tasty water-treated rice with seasoning (picture below).
Picture: Personalized Type 2 Diabetes friendly lunch meal-Fermented rice with water-Fish fry and Tomato chutney and Badi, mashed potato-seasoned, cucumber (meal for two)
Dishes for festivals or otherwise
– Put rice, dal, vegetables, spices, and cow ghee in the pressure cooker and pressure cook it. Eat it as such or with chutney or yogurt. Festival meals are special. We cook multiple dishes for family and friends. Here is a sample meal idea.
Picture of a typical festival menu- Khichdi-Dalma- Puri- Sweet- paneer masala- Vegetable curry with leafy greens.
- Don’t you like rice every day or any day?- Use your breakfast as lunch by doubling up on cooking the breakfast.
- Create multiple dishes with this trick: Change your vegetable curries using different spices and different vegetables or mix vegetables. Add vegetables to boiling dal to create “Dalma”. Create your meal plan ideas with multiple dishes. You may never run out of ideas to have your fresh delicious lunch eats. Enjoy varieties of your choice. What about nutrition?
Here are the details.
The nutrition of the midday meal: Rice-Dal-Vegetable and/or fish curry- Saag or mixed Greens-Salad
- Brown rice carbs, natural fiber, protein, B vitamins, and minerals like Magnesium. It is a powerhouse of energy.
- The lentils are rich in dietary fiber, both the soluble and the insoluble types.
- Varieties of local and seasonal varieties of vegetables provide vitamin C, protein, fiber, and micronutrients. They help improve gut bacteria.
- The spices used in curries are authentic and packed with medicinal benefits to elevate your health. They help improve diabetes health.
- The oils like coconut and mustard are good healthy fats.
- Cow ghee (clarified butter) contains small-chain fatty acid (SCFA). They improve your gut and metabolic health
The ingredients for creating lunch meal ideas:
The Rice: Create multiple delicious rice dishes
Brown parboiled Rice in lunch as Carbohydrate
- 1. Plain Rice
- 2. Khichdi
- 3. Jeera rice
- 4. Vegetable Biryani
- 5. Yogurt Rice
- 6. Coconut rice
- 7. Lemon Rice
- 8. Fermented and seasoned rice water
Picture of Lemon Rice meal. Add your salad to eat.
Dal is Protein and Fiber
- 1. Dalma
- 2. Toor Dal
- 3. Split Moong Dal, Whole Moong Dal
- 4. Chana Dal
- 5. Chole (Chickpea)
- 6. Rajma (Kidney Beans)
- 7. Masoor Dal
- 8. Black gram Dal
- 9. Sambar
The Vegetables for Curries
Vitamins, minerals, fibers, and micronutrients
- 1. Plantain curry
- 2. Cauliflower curry
- 3. Cabbage
- 4. Raw Papaya
- 5. Green jackfruit
- 6. Beans
- 7. Mixed greens curry
- 8. Parval
- 9. Snake gourd
- 10. Tindola
- 11. Drumstick pods
- 12. Brinjal
- 13. Gourd (Janhi)
- 14. Bitter gourd
- 15. Okra
- 16. Bottle gourd
- 17. Pumpkin
- 18. Yam
- 19. Arbi (Saru in the Oriya language)
- 20. Potato
- 21. Carrot
- 22. Peas
- 23. Mushroom
- 24. Sweet Potato
- 25. Soya chunk curry
- 1. Moringa leaves
- 2. Bothua leaves
- 3. Punarnava (Puruni) Leaves
- 4. Fenugreek Leaves
- 5. Pumpkin leaves
- 6. Bitter gourd leaves
- 7. Pita Saga (Glinus Oppositifolius)
- 8. Palak
- 9. Malabar spinach
- 10. Kosala saga (Amaranthus blitum subsp. oleraceusus)
- 11. Leutia saga (Green Amarnath leaves)
- Neem young leaves and buds
Mint (Podina) water
Making Spices and Different Spice mixtures at Our home premises
- Sambar powder
- Curry powder
- Cinnamon powder
- Ground peppercorn
- Garam masala powder
- Cumin seed powder
- Corriander powder
- Red Chili powder
- Turmeric Powder
Every meal is important for diabetes type 2 to control and manage their blood sugar. Use good planning and organization to prepare the necessary ingredients. It is your diabetic health that needs good care every day.
You may be able to eliminate the risk of being type 2 diabetes if you are pre-diabetic. However, follow the exercise routine, visit your doctor, and check your blood sugar as prescribed. Let your dietician know of your diet plan and menu and ideas if you are changing your diet. This personalized menu worked for me well. Realize that, Every person is different with respect to diabetes. Discuss the plan with your physician and dietician before your change from the previous diet.