Enormous potential and possibilities of uniquely created human life can be fully exploited to benefit the world. This may only happen when healthy body and mind work at their full capacity. An unhealthy, diseased body and a polluted mind do not support accomplishing the great purpose of human life.
Here are the best tips how to stay healthy. This is your key to enjoy the real beauty and fragrance of life.
Use these God given wealth to your advantage
- Air– take a deep breath in fresh and pure air and exhale to relax.
- Water- rejuvenate your skin and purify your body by drinking pure water. Enjoy sitting by the side of river or spring to benefit from a a negative ion environment. Clean up the mind.
- Sunlight– God created sunlight and designed human body to react with it to genete the vital nutrient vitamin -d. It is free for all to benefit from regardless of age, sex and color.
They are created for a healthy life.
Eat not only to fill but to heal.
It is needless to say, you need to eat healthy.
- Eat balanced diet and in right portion
- Your diet should have plenty of fruits and vegetable to provide you with necessary antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and micronutrients.
- Have your probiotics to keep up with your microbiota.
- Your food would contain protein, preferably whole grains and varieties of nuts.
- Avoid high sugar, salty, processed, oily food, beverages and salty snacks.
- Brown rice
- Salmon and sardines
- Pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
- Kale and spinach
- Different green and colored vegetables
- Apple and guava
Eat different varieties of food to supplement your health.
- Hydrate with adequate intake (AI)) of water and fluid Your AI of fluid include but not limited to
- Almond milk, oats milk
- watery veggies and fruits
- Salads and soups
It removes toxins, helps metabolism, circulation of nutrients and oxygen (link). Use a water intake calculator not mess up the vital component which is life. ()
4. Reduce the consumption of red meat, saturated fat, trans-fat (American Institute of Cancer Research)
5. Keep a good eye on your weight
Use food that helps your health and help you reduce weight. Oats, chia seeds, broccoli, leafy greens are some of them. Use lean meat that takes longer to digest thus keeping you full longer. Drink water before meals to fill you up partially so you eat less. It is all about calories deficit.
Use nutrient dense superfoods to optimize your calorie intake .
Go to the gym regularly or at the minimum take a walk. Movement helps boost immunity. Use weight lift training to build up your muscles. This is important to keep you strong as you grow old.
7. Practice healthy habits
- Brush and flush daily.
- Do not skip your breakfast.
- Clean your teeth before going to bed.
- Keep up your dental appointment.
- Take shower to keep your body clean.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Clean your bed and pillow covers every day.
- Change your air filter in your home.
- Keep your home safe to live.
- Use a study and comfortable shoes to keep your back healthy.
- Use weather appropriate outfit.Maintain an optimal level of vitamin-d. Researchers have established connection of this critical nutrient with more than 200 diseases (link).
8. Skin Health
- Use sensible sun exposure to enhance vitamin d level in your body. This improves skin health and helps reduce acne.
- Supplement with vitamin-d enriched diet or tablets or gels recommended by your physician.
- Moisturize your skin.
- Use sunglasses to protect your eyes.
9. Track and Manage your finance
Wealth is health. Financial disaster can easily deteriorate your mental health.
Get your health insurance that you can easily afford to protect you from costly health issues.
10.Do not Smoke and Expose Yourself to Secondhand Smoking
Smoking is related to occurrence of cancer, pulmonary diseases.
11. Alcohol Consumption
Moderate your alcohol consumption to one drink a day. Over consumption may lead to addiction, liver diseases.
12. Stay at the top of your vaccination.
13. Alleviate Stress
Stay connected with your near and dear ones to alleviate stress.Keep your mind positive always.
14. Keep a first aid box to help injuries.
15 Stay clean.
Wash your hands often to stay away from transmitted diseases from touch and airborne pathogens.
16. Practice regular meditation to your mind and body well connected
17. Be kind and sympathetic.
A small act of kindness goes a long way. It makes you feel good from inside.
18. Do not be rude and hurt others
19. Sleep Well
Let your body rest to repair the impaired parts.
20. Turn off all the sources of electromagnetic radiation like iPhone, Computers, TV before you sleep and when not in use..
21. Check up your health regularly depending upon your health conditions as directed by your physician.