Wall street. Main street, airline industry and the entire world in essence is taking a lackluster ride on the wake of Coronavirus-the possible death trap of the current world. The officially reported and unofficial reported victims are shivering the earth. Multiple deaths have been reported and thousands are on their way scared from hell.
What is Corona virus and where does it come from? It is reported to be originating from China with no drug yet known to stop the outbreak. Here are some tips to prevent or reduce the impact of coronavirus.
What is Known About the Coronavirus?
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS coronavirus 2, or SARS-CoV-2), a virus closely related to the SARS virus. The disease was discovered and named during the 2019–20 coronavirus outbreak.
Symptoms You are Infected with Coronavirus
“Those affected may develop a fever, dry cough, fatigue, and shortness of breath. A sore throat, runny nose or sneezing is less common. While the majority of cases result in mild symptoms, some can progress to pneumonia and multi-organ failure”.
How Does Coronavirus Spread?
“The infection is spread from one person to others via respiratory droplets produced from the airways, often during coughing or sneezing. Time from exposure to onset of symptoms is generally between 2 and 14 days, with an average of 5 days”.
What are the Preventive Measures?
The immediate necessity is to prevent yourself from Coronavirus getting in to you system. Here are some simple measures to prevent against this deadly virus.
- First off, if you are diagnosed with the virus stay with your doctor’s supervision and follow the doctor’s instruction.
- Avoid physical contact like hand shake.
- Stay away from mass gatherings if possible.
- Sneeze on your elbow. Use tissues when sneezing or coughing.
- Stay away from people suffering from cold and cough for five days. Check with your primary care physician if you are in that situation.
- Except China, use of face mask by a healthy person is prohibited.
- Avoid cold beverages.
- Avoid mass gatherings.
- Avoid live animal interaction and touch.
- Avoid non-vegetarian food.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds (recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). You may use 60% alcohol-based sanitizers only when soap and water is not available. The World Health Organization (WHO) advises individuals to avoid touching the eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Carry a sanitizer all along and use often.
- Carry and use bottles of purified water through out.
- Avoid raw and half cooked meat and imported food.
Eat vitamin C rich foods, supplement your diet with zinc and copper, consume elder -berry extract and other anti-oxidant rich foods to boost your immune system. Consult your physician before you start with any new diet or supplements.
No vaccination seems to be available until up to 18 months.
Follow simple acts like washing hands, covering sneezes and coughs, close contact with animals to prevent your body from coronavirus infection.
“An Update” to this post
A Recent Notification from Indian Council of Medical Research
ICMR New Delhi* *Please read carefully*
Some very important points
1. Postpone travel abroad for 2 years.
2. Do not eat outside food for 1 year.
3. Do not go to unnecessary marriage or other similar ceremony.
4. Do not take unnecessary travel trips.
5. Do not go to a crowded place for at least 1 year.
6. Completely follow social distancing norms.
7. Stay away from a person who has cough.
8. Keep the face mask on.
9. Be very careful in the current one week.
10. Do not let the any mess around you.
11. Prefer vegetarian food.
12. Do not go to the Cinema, Mall, Crowded Market for 6 Months now. If possible, Park, Party, etc. should also be avoided.
13. Increase immunity.
14. Be very careful while at Barber shop or at beauty Salon parlour.
15. Avoid Unnecessary Meetings, Always keep in mind Social Distancing.
16. The threat of *CORONA* is not going to end soon.
17. Don’t wear belt, rings, wrist watch, when you go out. Watch is not required. Your mobile has got time
18. No handkerchief. Take sanitiser & tissue if required.
19. Don’t bring the shoes into your house. Leave them outside.
20. Clean your hands & legs when you come home from outside.
21.when you feel you have come nearer to a suspected patient take a thorough bath.
Lockdown or no lockdown next 6 months to 12 months follow these precautions.
Share this with all your family & friends.